and Disrupting the Status Quo
The FIS Group Ecosystem
As partners to entrepreneurial and emerging managers, we provide a truly hands-on experience not only in how we listen to and advise them, but also in education and support of their development. Through the FIS Group Ecosystem , we hope to further develop these managers and in so doing, come closer to our goal of not only providing early funding to managers but, acting as the institutional first-funder for 50% of all funded firms on our buy-list.
In our continued commitment to meet these goals, we have identified common challenges faced by managers working to establish firms in today’s market environment. Many of these challenges result from capital constraints such as lack of seed capital opportunities from angel and private investors; small capital bases to fuel operations; difficulty appropriately forecasting and allocating operating expenses until break-even and/or profit margins impacted by such measures as staff compensation and fees for consulting services to retain talent and aid in asset raising efforts.
The FIS Group Ecosystem supports and nurtures the growth of our managers by attempting to address their development challenges, in two tangible ways:
- Investor Network: This is a group of high net-worth and private investors who have agreed to evaluate and potentially commit operating capital to entrepreneurial managers referred to them by FIS Group’s Product Specialists. Managers who are deemed attractive prospects for this network are referred to investors (only at discretion of Product Specialists)
- Preferred Vendor Platform: Pre-arranged discounts with experienced service providers are available to aid in the growth and establishment of institutional quality operations, marketing, and compliance processes. Platform can be accessed directly through the Ecosystem webpages within our Manager Research Database
Criteria for Ecosystem candidates:
- All existing FIS Group buy-list managers
- Managers currently in the due-diligence process
- Investment process/product must be viewed by sponsoring FIS Group Product Specialist as competitive and compelling
- Manager is considered high caliber investment professionals
- Manager is competent entrepreneur(s) that simply lacks infrastructure or capital
Our contribution to the growth and quality of the emerging manager universe lends itself to coaching and mentoring. As our Product Specialists evaluate new and prospective managers, they are encouraged to refer the managers to different members of the FIS Group team for coaching as well as to the resources within the two channels of our Ecosystem.
Learn more about the FIS Group Ecosystem:
Press Release PHILADELPHIA, PA, August 29, 2018 – FIS Group, a manager of U.S. and global developed, emerging and frontier markets equity portfolio strategies, today announced that it has been recognized with Top Guns status by Informa Investment...